Collection of Personal Data
You can generally use and browse our website without disclosing your Personal Data to us, except where such disclosures may be necessary to allow us to respond to your requests or in cases where you contact us directly.
SD may collect Personal Data, directly or indirectly, from an individual or authorized representative of an individual in a number of ways, such as when:
- you apply for a job with us;
- you subscribe to our newsletters;
- you communicate with us in relation to any enquiry, request or feedback; and/or
- you participate in our interviews, market research or surveys.
Consent of Collection of Personal Data
By submitting information to us or communicating with us, you agree and consent to SD collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst ourselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to our authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
When you provide SD with any Personal Data relating to a third party (such as information of your dependents, spouse, children and/or parents), you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so and/or the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data by us for any of the purposes listed herein.
Purpose and Use of Personal DataGenerally, SD collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to respond to your enquiries, requests, feedbacks or products and services improvements;
- to respond to any queries regarding your job application;
- to verify your identity;
- to obtain your feedback or participation in surveys, market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes to enable us to customize, review, improvise and develop our products and services, to understand customer preferences, behaviour and market trends;
- to facilitate business asset transactions such as asset sales, mergers or acquisitions involving any of our companies;
- to provide media announcements or responses;
- to response to any claims, actions or proceedings and/or to safeguard and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations) to manage and prepare any reports regarding incidents or accidents) to comply with any applicable rules, law and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines as well as to assist in investigations and law enforcement by relevant authorities; and/or) any other purpose reasonably related to any of the above.
IP AddressesWhen you use or access our websites, we may collect and store information about your computer (including your IP address, operating system and browser type) for the purposes of system administration.
Should you wish to disable the cookies of our websites, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain part(s) of our websites.
Third Party WebsitesOur websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please ensure you carefully read and review the privacy policies of these websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Disclosure of Personal Data
SD will take reasonable steps to secure your Personal Data against any unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure and ensure that access to your Personal Data is limited to persons whom we reasonably believe require access for effective delivery of our services to you for the purposes listed herein (where applicable) or any other purpose as consented by you.
Subject to the provisions of any applicable law and in order to carry out the purposes listed herein, we may share or disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties:
- related corporations and affiliates of SD;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers (whether in Singapore or elsewhere) contracted by SD to provide operational services such as courier services, insurance, telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, processing training, market research, storage, archival, customer support investigation services or other services;
- banks, credit card companies, secretarial agents, billing organizations and their respective service providers;
- our business associate or partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions which may include any merger, acquisition or asset sale;
- our professional advisors such as lawyers, auditors, accountants or consultants;
- law enforcement agencies, relevant government ministries, regulators, statutory boards or authorities in compliance with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and/or
- any other person to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of Personal DataYou may write to our Personal Data Protection Team at the address provided below if you:
- would like to obtain access and make correction/update to your Personal Data in our record
Data Protection Team
Retention Period: Generally, SD will retain your Personal Data up to a maximum period of seven (7) years or until retention of such data is no longer necessary for any legal or business purposes.
This Data Protection Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.